Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pillow Talk

Since Soulemama's book doesn't come out until next year, I was excited when she shared a craft for kids on her craftsanity interview. So, yesterday was our day to make a pillow. I wasn't real sure how this was going to go but the littlest one was down for a nap so I knew we were off to a good start. The other two drew their pictures on the canvas, Logan's is a picture of him looking up at his older sister who is flying in an airplane. I think there is also some ice cream being thrown at the plane, and of course there is a caterpillar climbing up a flower.
Naomi's is a picture of a car and I think her baby sister is in it somewhere.
At one point the boy next door came over and I think my son was tired of sewing so he gave him a quick lesson and recruited his help. I think I had to sew about 80% of Naomi's and only about 45% of Logans.
Mom and I have managed to cut a few of the pieces for the quilt. (I got a self healing mat and rotary cutter for this, I love it!) I am not sure what made me think that I would magically have more time when she came to visit for us to work on this quilt. I truly thought we would sew for hours and hours without interruption. I will give dh credit, he has been trying to help but there are a few things only mom can do, I call it job security. I remind myself that someday I won't be needed as much or as intensely until then I will take time where I can get it and remind myself to enjoy life as it is today.

No comments: