Monday, August 27, 2007

Breast Cancer 3 day

I have only briefly mentioned that I am training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk in October. Well, October is getting closer and I am a little worried. I need to really step up the fund raising, I am at $305 out of the $2200 I need to participate. I know lots of my family intend to support me and think that it is a ways off but I need to know I will make it long before the deadline just to make travel plans. I was watching 3 day video blogs on youtube.com earlier and it had me in tears, I have to do this, for me, for my children and for my family. So, it is back to the fundraising resources online, better get busy.
We had a great time camping this weekend. I have decided that the youngest just doesn't sleep well on the ground, which translates into I don't sleep well. But it was worth it because the next day the Grandparents watched all 3 little ones while dh and I went on a motorcycle ride and had a good time browsing the shops in Creed then having a delicious lunch while sharing a table with some wonderful people. There were 3 couples who have been meeting up in this little town for many, many years (I think some of them more than 20), they had some great stories and were very friendly. This town has that effect on people. I know we have been going there for at least 15 years and my dh has been going since he was a little boy.
The kiddos had kind of a rough day, I think they were still tired from all the activities this weekend, but now they are all tucked in and the house is quiet. I think I will go and work on whatever it is that I am knitting (I have no pattern, I just felt like knitting this weekend and started something) I imagine it will just be a scarf, or maybe I will undo it like everything else I have knitted and start over, again.


One of the kids favorite bedtime snack is ice cream. We have had dietary issues with dairy in our house for 3 years so real ice cream is a treat, although dd doesn't mind eating Ricedream, most of the time. Nothing beats a cool treat on a hot summer night.

No comments: