Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Long time no post

I have been spending more of my time reading blogs rather than writing on mine. I don't know why that is so, just not real motivated these days. Our older dd went back to school last week. She was only home for a week from her journey to OK and TX, but that was long enough for her and her brother to get on my nerves. Not sure why those two can't get along, maybe the sibling thing, don't know.
After talking to my neighbor whose son goes to the local school I am once again reassured that homeschooling is right for ds. The kindergarten class has almost 30 students in it! I feel so sorry for that teacher and don't know how she can possibly teach the kids anything. I am also relieved that my friend whom also homeschools has decided we should not go to COS for co-op classes (it is an hour each way) and we should just do our own. That will make my life with MOPS easier since they were on the same day. Speaking of which it is getting closer to the start of our fall semester for MOPS. I am glad that our whole year seems to be coming together ( I am on the steering team) and I can't wait to see all my friends again.
Today was one of those rare days where I had HOURS to myself. My friend watched the kiddos while I went off to run errands. I browsed Hobby Lobby (you can't do that very well with a 1, 3, and 5 year old), wandered through the thrift stores, ate lunch out, and alone ( I always think people feel sorry for me eating alone but it doesn't happen very often and I actually enjoy it), and then went to Vitamin Cottage for a few groceries. My trade off was to bring 2 extra kids home with me for 1 1/2 hours (I am pretty sure I got the better end of the deal today but I will pay my dues on Friday). Although there are still dishes to be done, laundry to be folded and toys to put away, I am going to have a shower and go to bed, the rest can wait until tomorning.

In case you were wondering...
Tomorning is a word invented by my son when he was about 3. I have always thought it was a very functional word. He didn't vanish from this picture, when he was first potty trained (around the same time he invented the word) he would always get naked to do his biz, if he had time he would lay out his clothes to make putting them back on easier. Gosh I love this kid.

No comments: