Monday, July 23, 2007

fly away...

Have you ever looked up at an airplane and wondered where all the people are going and wondering if they are going someplace better than you are? I have always thought most of them are going on vacation, visiting long lost relatives, or I suppose some may be going to say a final good bye and some may be on business, but for the most part I bet they are out to have fun. My dd got on the plane today at our little local airport. It was a great place to fly out of since the little kids could actually see the airplanes land and take off. There was no fee for parking and there were only about 8 other passengers. She text me and let me know she made it to Denver, that was before I was even home. (There was a bad wreck on the highway and we were rerouted otherwise we would have been home.) Now she just has to catch a plane to Oklahoma.
I am still feeling uneasy about dh being gone, I am sure he will be fine but I really don't like that I can't talk to him. Of course with my two closest friends also being out of town, I am a real basket case. I can only hope the next few days go by quickly.
Last night was a little better with ds, I can't tell if he is missing dad or if he is upset that dd got to go to grandmas or what but I hope he snaps out of it soon. I took the kids swimming and then we got dinner. When we got home they played outside for a while until bed. Nothing too exciting (which I am okay with.)
So, dh had no interest in watching Brokeback Mountain so I figured I would watch it while he is gone. I thought it was kind of weird, and although I used to have a thing for Heath Ledger, I think I am over it now. Definitely not one of my favorite movies. Let me know if you saw it and have different opinion.
I am hopeful that the battery for my camera will come today. Dh took the little camera with him and although I prefer film, it isn't good for the daily pictures I want to post.

No comments: