Sunday, July 22, 2007

on our own

Well, dh left yesterday to start his 60+ mile hike on the CDT. Backpacker Magazine had an article in their February issue asking for volunteers to help map out the whole thing and he was chosen as one of the 300/3000. So this is the first time in almost 20 years that we haven't been able to talk everyday. He did take his cell phone but I am guessing coverage will be limited(to say the least). Hopefully they will find enough signal to check in and create a podcast on the cdt blog. He wasn't even sure when he would be back, so this week may be longer than I imagine. I am sure the kids are feeding off my nervousness over him being gone but last night ds had the worst night ever. In the midst of it all he is now not allowed to play with the little boy next door until his dad gets back (that is the only punishment that seems to work). Since that will free up more time I think we will work on our reading with the new Bob Books.
So I got off track, as dh was getting ready to leave our dd came out and said she heard a pop and now the window in the dining room is cracking. Well, dh had to get going so I was left cleaning up the glass with 5 kids for an audience (the little boy from next door was over). I told the kids to go outside and got to work. I wish I had the battery for my digital camera so I could have taken a picture, it was kind of pretty since the glass was tempered, but it was a huge mess to clean up. However, no blood was lost in the process.
I think I will take dd to the mall (along with the other 3 kids) to get a few school clothes since she leaves tomorrow for about 3 weeks. I don't know if we will have much time when she gets back to do any shopping. Besides I need to get out of the house.

No comments: